Thursday, May 5, 2011
The Stylish Blogger Award
I've been informed that I've been nominated for the "The Stylish Blogger Award".
The rules for the nomination are:
Rule Number 1: Thank those who nominated you:
Thanks to Fabrizio Davi' whose blog is The Torgau Project about the Battle of Torgau during the Seven Years war using the great rules Volley and Bayonet. Fabrizio lives across the pond in Italy and I have some fond memories of Vicenza and Venice from my time in the U. S. Army. There are no bad restaurants in Italy, some are better than others, but there are no bad ones!
Rule Number 2: Say 7 things about yourself:
1. I've been married to the love of my life for almost 25 years.
2. I have 5 fantastic sons and one future daughter-in-law (wedding is on July 2!)
3. My first wargame (5th grade) was Avalon Hill's Panzer Blitz.
4. I still have my first wargame which is Avalon Hill's Panzer Blitz.
5. I served 22 years as an infantry officer in the U. S. Army
6. My favorite childhood fictional hero is John Carter of Mars.
7. I play with toy soldiers.
Finally nominate 10 to 15 great blogs:
1. Dogfight Starship Edition. (Best card game out there)
2. Iron Mitten. (One of the greats!)
3. BigLee's Miniature Adventures.
4. Lead Gardens.
5. Wargaming for Grownups.
6. The Grand Duchy of Stollen. (If you haven't checked this blog out, you are in for a real treat)
7. Lonely Gamers.
8. A Miniature History of the American Revolution.
9. WAB Corner (I wished I knew this guy when I was stationed at Fort Lewis, WA.)
10. Frank Chadwick's Space: 1889 (Frank is one of the great game designers and founder of GDW. He is responsible for Volley and Bayonet, Command Decision and others.)
I'm a retired Colonel of Infantry (Regulars by God!) who likes to play with toy soldiers. I've been married to the love of my life since 1986, I have 5 honorable sons (my geeks in training), 3 daughters-in-law, 2 dogs, and a gazillion miniatures. Hobbies include . . . wait for it . . . Toy Soldiers, Reading, Wargaming, Reading about Toy Soldiers, History, Reading about Wargaming, Gardening, Reading about History and Reading.