As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, April 16, 2020

A New Post (Finally!): Accessories from WizKids

According to my calculations . . . yep, we are lost.

As many of you know, my real job is the Security Manager of a hospital where I live. Unless you've been living under a rock, the times have been interesting and busy. But the heck with the Pandemic (and I own the game - that's irony).  It's time to write a new post.


I purchased these two WizKids D&D Packs at our local hobby store for a little less than $12 US. When I saw them on the rack, I  immediately knew that they would be excellent for my excursions to the late 19th Century and the Pulp era.  Unfortunately I did not take any pictures of how I painted them but they were fairly easy and between work and other duties, it took me about 2 painting sessions to do both packs.


I painted the table and stools (and the disc for the secret maps, documents, etc.) with GW's Skragg Brown. Once dry, all I did was go over the table and stools with watered down Vallejo Dark Brown to create a wash. Simple.


Hey, I did take a picture (accidentally) of the work in progress when I was taking pictures of the my WIP Hollywood Nazis. The telescope is almost done and I was decided what to do with the small pieces that came in the Navigator's Pack. I decided to glue the scrolls to another small base so they could be placed in various locations as objectives or McGuffins. The other pieces of the Navigator's Pack were super glued to the table.



Here is another view. The telescope, sexton, and map with compass and whatever that other navigating piece of equipment is are glued to the table; the scrolls are glued to the base and can be moved around. The big telescope is in the background.

The figures in the pictures are 28mm from Artizan, NorthStar, Perry Miniatures and Wargames Foundry to give you an excellent comparison that they fit perfectly as scatter terrain/objectives for most 28mm Colonial ranges.


And they look good in the Pulp era too! Cooplestone Miniature Sam Malone and my Hollywood Nazis from Black Tree Design.

2 comments:

  1. What a marvelous camp, wonderful figures and scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phil. Once we are done with the Covid virus they will be pivotal in our next campaign "The Egyptian Adventure".

    ReplyDelete