As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, December 3, 2020

French and Indian War Disorder markers for Rebels and Patriots


The Highland Light Infantry unit has one disorder.

I'm a big fan on using markers to reduce paperwork in a game and they are great visual reminders of what exactly is the status of that unit. I also don't like clutter (personal opinion - nothing wrong with it if you play that way) with cards and a gazillion printed status markers following a unit. Whenever possible (read fiscally possible!) I try to make markers that will blend in with the tabletop battle itself. That's not always possible in big games; but, in a game the scale of Rebels and Patriots (paid link) it is easily doable with some leftover figures, the bits box, a little basing material, and sticks and rocks I find outside.

Highland Regiment disorder markers.
 
What I decided to do was to use 40mm round stands for the unit disorder markers. The size of the stand gives room for a small die to keep track how many disorders on the unit. Plan ahead though! Lay out your large basing material (figures, sticks, rocks) before gluing to ensure the die fits. For the permanent disorder marker I decided to use a 25mm round stand. In Rebels and Patriots the permanent disorder marker, once placed, is not removed.
 
Here is a selection of some of the markers I did:
 
Generic French
 
More French
 
Indians
 
Generic Unit
 
Highland Light Infantry
 
British Ranger Unit
 
One last look at the Generic French.
 
As you can see, some markers match units and some are generic. It really doesn't matter as probably (because I have run out of figures) the rest of the markers will probably be just terrain to be used by both sides. See you next time.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely casualties, great job on the bases...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. Since the scale of Rebels and Patriots is "large" skirmish I am taking my time for the visual effect.
      Neil

      Delete
  2. Nice work on those casualty markers, Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dean. I loved your ECW collection; definitely one of my favorite periods.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. I don't care for the large coloured die. Nonetheless, you have given me an idea though re one of your casualty markers with the large rocks. Use the casualty markers to indicate the number of casualties (shock, disruption points etc.) by the number of large rocks. The down side is that one would need a large number of counters.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IronDuke596,
      That's a great idea. My big project for 2021 will be "The Great Game Goes Hot" and with the mountainous terrain, rocks would be great for the British Imperial Forces, Russians, Afghani's etc. Thanks!
      Neil

      Delete