As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, July 8, 2022

The Afghan Tribal /Pashtun BFG


Sure it looks ridiculously large. Sure it's the size of a siege gun or fortress gun - but it looks cool! As soon as I saw the Large Cannon from WizKids at a local hobby store, it did not take long for the US $9.80 to exchange hands as I knew it would be part of my The Men Who Would be Kings Tribal Force to give the army of the British Raj trouble.

The BFG made famous from the novel Kim, by Rudyard Kipling.

The model is already primed, made of resin and ready to paint.


A Perry Miniatures 28mm hard plastic Afghan tribesman for scale.

It did not take long to paint and for me, it was surprisingly easy. For me, artillery pieces and horses have always been my bane, but the size of the model made the painting fun and enjoyable.

The completed BFG with hard plastic 28mm Perry figures.

Now all I needed was some artillerymen. I actually bought the BFG several months ago and recently saw an Afghan Tribesman Artillery crew from Artizan Designs on eBay and US $ 4.98 plus $4.00 shipping later, I had my crew. As an aside, if your patient or just looking for that next project, eBay is an excellent source for figures. I have some favorite sellers that I keep in communication to be on the look out for what I need!

The crew.

The Afghan Irregular Artillery crew are some nicely sculpted figures - though I overdid the painting on the figure wearing the poshteen:








I definitely need to put some dull matte on this figure!


So how will it look in a large skirmish game like The Men Who Would be Kings? It will look cool of course - Hollywood to the core! I can already envision some new scenarios utilizing the BFG!






8 comments:

  1. That certainly is a FBFG Neil....looks great though and the crew also work well with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the Tribal Force is complete, I'm waiting for the look on the face of my opponent when I pull it out!
      Neil

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Syl,
      Thanks! I have been looking at the WizKid line and there are quite a few useful pieces for historicals.
      Neil

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Khusru. It will definitely be the center piece of the army.
      Neil

      Delete
  4. Reminds me of "The Gun" by C. S. Forester. It is sure to put fear into the "ferengi."

    ReplyDelete