As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

K-2SO


K-2SO (also referred to as K2 or Kaytoo-Esso) is a droid character in the Star Wars franchise, first appearing in the 2016 film Rogue One. He is a CGI character voiced and portrayed through motion capture by Alan Tudyk. In the film, K-2SO is a reprogrammed Imperial security droid and the co-pilot of Cassian Andor. I think he is a great, imposing figure for my forces for Xenos Rampant.

Tudyk has been widely praised in the role. Recounting fan reaction on Twitter, uh, I mean "X", Megan McCluskey wrote for Time that "there seems to be one aspect of the standalone Star Wars story that the majority of viewers have agreed on: the excellence of K-2SO." Justin Chang of Los Angeles Times dubbed the character "the requisite scene stealer" of the film, and A. O. Scott of The New York Times praised "the dry, sarcastic tones of the indispensable Alan Tudyk." The bottom line? He steals every scene he is in!

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail on how I painted K-2SO as I used the same color scheme and techniques that I did for Andor. After the basic painting, to weather the droid I went back and painted patches of white and then repainted the lighter GW Contrast paints to give it the look I wanted.

The options when putting the figure together are to give it two open hands, an arm with a laser pistol (you'll have to watch the movie Rogue One for the hilarious running jokes about giving K-2SO a blaster) and a grenade. Heck - we're going to war! He gets both the blaster and the grenade.






Ta-Dah!

No comments:

Post a Comment