As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, September 5, 2011

Favorite Figures - The Imperial Guard, Part 3

Now for the troops! The figures are from GW's Imperial Guard Cadian (Cadia is one of the planets) Kasrkin range. I can't remember why they are called Kasrkins but they are equivalent to a Grenadier Company from the Horse and Musket era. The best of the best with honors - sir!!! For my unit, they are the 6th Infantry (Regulars By God!), the greatest infantry regiment in the known universe:

Want to guess my Regimental Affiliation?



Trooper with flamer; good area weapon and pretty nifty in restricted places. To get the "burn" look at the end of the barrel I used a black wash and flesh wash.


Here is the plasma gun - very effective against armored targets. I like how it looks like a BIG GUN and the figure was fun to paint.


This soldier is carrying a meltagun. I forget the difference in game terms between the plasma gun and the meltagun; but, it looks cool. Reminds me of the squad machinegun - he's the guy I turn to if I need to put down a lot fire in a hurry.


Watching the back of the plasma gunner is a soldier with laser rifle.


Soldier with laser rifle. Another reason I like this range of figures is that they carry their weapons realistically and look like they know how to use them!


Here is what the troops look like from the back.


Just another bug hunt. By the way, Starship Troopers is one of the best military science fiction books ever written. The movie is one of the worst ever made - Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!


Yes - I like the plasma gun.

One last look at the some of the men of the 6th Infantry of the future:



No comments:

Post a Comment