As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

British Peninsular Army Update

With a quick transfer of the 66th Foot (Berkshires) to the 2nd Division, I now have completed the first two divisions of my Peninsular Army. To help focus the project, I developed a"generic" army list for Volley and Bayonet to organize the figures. I originally had the 66th Foot in the 3rd Division and the 88th Foot (Connaught Rangers) in the 2nd Division. After doing some uniform research for the 88th, I discovered that 99.99% of the time they were in the 3rd Division - so I made an instant transfer! Here are a few shots of the mustering of the 88th:



The figures are from Wargames Foundry except for the officers from Front Rank that will carry the colors.

To command the 3rd Division (of course!) I need to paint LTG Thomas Picton, GCB. There is a rule (I think started by Don Featherstone) that you are required to have Picton in any Napoleonic British Army.


The figure of Picton is from Perry Minaiture's British Waterloo line of miniatures.

1 comment:

  1. Playing is a way of winding up. This just proves that even after the childhood years, it continues to be as such. There is no such thing as an age limit as to who can play.

    ReplyDelete