As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Fourth Quarter 2019 Update

So what went on in this slower quarter?

1. The Green Men of Mars. Fantastic miniatures from Bronze Age!

"The men are trained in the higher branches of the art of war; in strategy and the maneuvering of large bodies of troops. They make the laws as they are needed; a new law for each emergency. They are unfettered by precedent in the administration of justice. Customs have been handed down by ages of repetition, but the punishment for ignoring a custom is a matter for individual treatment by a jury of the culprit's peers, and I may say that justice seldom misses fire, but seems rather to rule in inverse ratio to the ascendancy of law. In one respect at least the Martians are a happy people; they have no lawyers."  From the journal of Captain John Carter.

2. John Carter of Virginia (Bronze Age) and Dejah Thoris (Tin Man Miniatures).

 John Carter with Tars Tarkas, Jeddak of Thark.

Dejah Thoris, Princess of Helium.

3. Professor Calculus!

 The Boys are back in town!

4. I discovered Pulp Alley Miniatures!

  Pulp Girl!

  "Mak O'Reilly."
 
  "Phantom Ace."


 "Gauge." I added an upside down screw and washer to give the appearance of a machine or engine she is working on. 

The Creature. “I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.” 


5. The United States Marine Corps (Pulp Figures) join the world of 1895.



6. I painted some figures for eBay.

Wargames Foundry Askari unit - fun to paint!


"Poopsey? I think we are lost.

And that's all Folks!!! Have a Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your John Carter of Mars stuff is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The battle report of our play test will be out soon.

      Delete