As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, March 12, 2021

"Mr. Kipling, you are officially relieved Sir!"


Mr. Kipling is back in a more comfortable position instead of in the ranks of the 19th Punjabis.

I really like the Cooplestone Casting range Back of Beyond which so far I have been primarily been using to build the units for the fictional Anglo-Russian War. I have never played the game Back of Beyond, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the basic unit is 10 figures since that is the number of figures that come in the blister packs. With most of the units, I have been able to use Copplestone officer, standard bearers, etc. to fill in the number of 12 figures that I use for The Men Who Would be Kings. I ran into a problem with the 19th Punjabis and could not find a suitable figure in the Copplestone range; so, Mr. Kipling from Artizan Designs was "embedded" in the unit.

Mr. Kipling became the "12th" figure.

Artizan Designs? Wait a minute . . . don't they have figures for the Northwest Frontier. After a quick search of the web, one blister pack (and some other figures) of Punjabi Officers from the Artizan Designs 2nd Afghanistan War range was ordered from Brigade Games. With the 28mm scale, the Punjabi uniforms of the 2nd Afghan War are close enough to the uniforms at the turn of the century.

"Mr. Kipling, I am Subedar Major Ajeet Deol."

Subedar Major Ajeet Deol, the second in command of the 19th Punjabis.

All is now all right with the world - but don't worry. We will be seeing Mr. Kipling.


8 comments:

  1. I do like this splendid uniform...and the wonderful paint job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely colonials, Neil! Awesome and inspiring work as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, the Anglo-Russian War is about to start.
      Neil

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. For me it's really cool having something other than British (Anglo) and Sikh troops for a change in the army.
      Neil

      Delete