As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The TFS Audacity

The Free Ship (TFS) Audacity under the command of Lady Helen Quartermain.

Following the destruction of the Weldon Institutes dirigible Go-Ahead by Robur the Conqueror and his airship the Albatross, the small aerial fleet of the United States engaged the Albatross near Philadelphia, PA.  Though the Albatross was defeated and severely damaged, it escaped and the ship responsible for the victory was the privateer TFS Audacity, under letters of marque, commanded by Lady Helen Quartermain.  

The Albatross.

Lady Quartermain and some of the crew of the TFS Audacity.

With the expanded rules for airships in the Second Edition of In Her Majesty's Name, I thought it was about time I finished painting my airship. It was the first MDF model I did and I learned a valuable lesson: PAINT THE PARTS BEFORE ASSEMBLY! Good lesson learned. Anyway . . . the TFS Audacity is painted and ready to fly. Rules for Lady Helen Quartermain and crew can be found in the Second Edition of In Her Majesty's Name.


"Da, she's not a pretty ship. But she'll put the fear of the Lord in the hearts of her enemies", Chief of Boat (COB) Sergey Rozhenko in discussing the TFS Audacity to some potential "clients" on behalf of Lady Quartermain.

The guns and machine guns came from Pulp Figures.


The airship kit is the Mozzy Class Airship from Crossover Miniatures. Extremely clear instructions, all of the parts fit and it was fun to put together - and I'm not good with models! It was a gift from Honorable Sons #1 through #5 and I was happy that they also purchased the very sturdy display base to go with the ship.





Taking on supplies in Chaimbellistan.



 

8 comments:

  1. I'll dispute the 'not very pretty' sobriquet. It's a handsome vessel indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know those COB’s Never satIsfied.

      Delete
  2. That is a very cool model indeed Neil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Crossover miniatures does some great work and the directions were easy even for me.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I have always loved airships since I was a child reading the John Carter books.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! It will be showing up in games soon.

      Delete