As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, April 16, 2021

Back to Barsoom: Green Men and Characters

 


I recently did a commission for some figures for Barsoom the red planet of our Solar System. I grew up on the John Carter books by Edgar Rice Burroughs and I jumped at this commission and finished it in record time! All of the figures are from Bronze Age Miniatures except for the female; I'm not sure who makes the figure. I did two Green Martians:

I love the Bronze Age Green Martians - the variety, the options and the price at $12 US dollars. Figure stands at approximate 54mm tall.

Green Martian number 2. This photo gives a good comparison in scale to the 28mm figures. The Green Martians look exactly how I envisioned them reading the books.

Ulysses Paxton, the second Earthmen to go to Barsoom.

Llanna of Gathol. I was a little disappointed with this figure as you can see the pock marks on her right leg. Time to invest in some green stuff.

I forget the name of this character from the client, but he is from Gathol.



Next on to Helium.

10 comments:

  1. I grew up on John Carter of Mars too and these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these figures but I wish someone did them in cheap 54mm plastic. I have converted Red Martians from American Indians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The curse of non-standard 54mm. It’s too bad there aren’t more non-historical sets out there.

      Delete
  3. More nice work here Neil. Bronze Age miniatures is a manufacturer I have looked at on many occasions but not yet taken the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The metal quality is good, the sculpting is animated and they are surprisingly low priced.

      Delete
  4. These look terrific! I imagine the games you have with these are a lot of fun, Neil. I fear the John Carter books have escaped me - another gap in my education that I need to put right!
    Best wishes,
    Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason,
      The first three are the best (really a trilogy) - pulp fiction at it's finest: A Princess of Mars, The Gods of Mars, and The Warlord of Mars.
      Neil

      Delete
  5. I have bought from Bronze Age several times- never been disappointed in any way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here; class act, well sculpted figures and a great price.

      Delete