As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Classic Warhammer: The Empire, Part 1


Standing between the hordes of bad guys and unspeakable horrors was the Empire in the Warhammer Universe. A combined arms army, it took skill and guts to be successful on the battlefield. Our Empire Army was commanded by Honorable Son #4 (The greatest 18th Century General who ever lived). These are pictures are from before the time we had gaming mats and was definitely a Dining Room Battle!

 The might of the Empire.
The Army standard bearer next to his general.

 Pistoliers, excellent light cavalry.

 Halflings, crossbowmen and handgunners provide fire power.

 The Knights Panther; a hard hitting order of heavy cavalry.

 Grandmaster of the Knights Panther


 The toughest infantry in the Empire; the dreaded two-handed great swords!

 Empire Spearmen.
 Empire Swordsmen: The Black Eagles.

 Wizards and Battle Clerics.

 Canons are cool.

 Another view of the Army standard.

 Another view of the "Black Eagles" sword regiment.


 I had fun painting the flags. I love flags.

 The Captain of the Pistoliers.

 My skirmishers, drawn from the ranks of foresters and huntsmen. Love the powder monkey.

 "Hold until relieved!"

Great musician with horn, one of my all time favorites.

4 comments:

  1. That is lovely work. I wargame around this period in 54mm. I'd say the Warhammer empire, to the extent it has a real world parallel, is 16th to 17th century.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same idea to build a 16th century army using the Empire figures.

      Delete
  2. I was never a follower of Warhammer but was always impressed by the lovely figures that were for the Empire.You have a lovely army, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. Now that they are prohibitively expensive for me (except on eBay) I still think they are excellent figures that paint up nicely.

      Delete