As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Kong

Kong of Skull Island

I think we have all done it - the shiny new toy syndrome. I know I have and I have done it again but with a twist. One of my favorite Adventuring Companies/Leagues/whatever game you are playing is Lord Greystoke's: better known as Tarzan of the Apes. When I saw the advertisement for the new Giant Ape from Wizkids (paid link), I thought to myself, "Self, that would make an excellent addition as a Mangani (Great Ape) for Tarzan's team!" The smaller figures come two to a pack and I thought this would be excellent.

 Tarzan and my current mangani which came from a toy set of African animals.

Tarzan and the new mangani. Hmmm . . . something doesn't look right.

Imagine my surprise when the Giant Ape came and I opened the package and there was a . . . well . . . Giant Ape! Yikes. That'll teach me not to read the entire description including dimensions and size. On the gripping hand, it's a beautiful figure and I know it will be featured soon in one of my games. 


Painting black figures can be a challenge to bring out the detail; fortunately this figure is well sculpted for dry brushing so I mainly used Vallejo Grey Green to bring out the details. 


The model designer out did themselves with the detail on the face.

Another view but Kong looks lighter - that's the flash ladies and gents.

Ann Darrow had to show up sooner or later.

As Ken Watanabe said, "Let them fight."

5 comments:

  1. Very, very cool, Neil! Love the images - particularly the battle between Kong and T-Rex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How tall is it please? From foot to top of head. I'm trying to work out if it is compatible with my miniature giant monsters :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaptain Kobold,
      My Kong is currently in another location (borrowed by a friend). If you click on the WizKids link the dimensions should be there.
      Neil

      Delete