As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, September 7, 2020

The 14th Sikhs Get Reinforcements

Sikh Infantry from Pulp Figures

The first unit of Sikhs that I did were for two games: The Men Who Would be Kings and In Her Majesty's Name. My Sikhs consisted of infantry and a mountain gun from Artizan designs and a Maxim MG from Copplestone Castings. Though the figures were not quite from the same era, they looked great together and never failed me on the "historical" tabletop battlefields nor in the alternative Victorian Science Fiction Universe of 1895.



My first unit of the 14th Sikhs.


When I saw the Sikhs in "tropical" uniform from Pulp Figures I decided to build a force using them; something that looked different with the figures wearing shorts and I am not too picky about mixing historical periods as long as they are close enough!

Sikhs from Pulp Figures.
I built the new unit with the intention of using it for The Men Who Would be Kings and also for In Her Majesty's Name again; two of my favorite rules. I built the unit using Pulp Figures Packs PBT 05 Sikh Rifles, PBT 06 Sikh Special Weapons and PBT 07 Sikh Rifles (Unit Builder).

The Havildar motions the men forward as he has spotted the thugee cultists that have been terrorizing the area.

Subedar Bikram Singh, IOM, consults with his Havildar on the best course of action.

The attack begins. Bole So Nihal Sat Sri Akaal!

Outflanked!

It's only a matter of time . . . and the determination of the 14th Sikhs.

The enemy flees . . . another block has been cleared.

On to the next section.

This is the figure that comes with PBT 07 Sikh Rifles (Unit Builder). The pack comes with six identical figures.

Backside. From this picture I see I need to touch up the right leg.

In our universe, a Lewis machine gun; in my imaginary 1895 it is a Congreve Grenade Launcher.

In our universe, a tommygun; in my imaginary 1895 it is an Arc Rifle.

Portable Arc Generator on the rucksack.

In our universe, a Bren light machine gun; in my imaginary 1895 it is a Brimble "Bumble Bee" Light Machine Gun.

In our universe it is a Boys anti-tank gun, in my imaginary 1895 it is the Lee-Enfield Mark III "Quartermain" Sniper Rifle.

Continuing to clear the once peaceful village block by block to eliminate the Thugees and Dacoits.

The real, current Sikh Regiment in the Indian Army consists of 19 regular infantry and two reserve battalions strong. The Sikh Regiment recruits from the Sikh community. It is the most decorated regiment of the Indian Army and in 1979, the 1st battalion was the Commonwealth's most decorated battalion with 245 pre-independence and 82 post-independence gallantry awards

8 comments: