As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Search For Charlie Episode 1.8: Nicholas Fury

 

Nick Fury and Sam.

From Sam's Diary: "I think I have a lead . . . a slim and unlikely lead but I'm going to follow it. After years of experience, I know not to go in alone. It was funny how I ran into an old friend in my favorite dive and even better that he was buying my favorite whiskey. It was my old friend from the war, retired Command Sergeant Major Nick Fury of the 369th Infantry Regiment, "The Harlem Hellfighters."


Unknown to Sam, Nicholas "Nick" Fury is secretly a Colonel in the United States covert unit REDACTED. Fury's injured left eye, though initially minimally affected by a grenade blast during The Great War, has over the years resulted in a 95% loss of vision in this eye. Despite some comments to the contrary, Fury has not had the eye removed, nor REDACTED, and he merely covers it with a cosmetic eye-patch to prevent depth perception distortion. He has explained that when needing to disguise himself, he only needs to remove the eyepatch, slip in a color lens, add some hair, as everyone always looks for a one-eyed man.


Fury is a seasoned unarmed and armed combat expert, was a heavyweight boxer in the army (during The Great War), and holds a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu. He has further honed his unarmed combat skills sparring with REDACTED. In his special role, he is concerned about the rise and influence of certain Nazis and REDACTED, REDACTED, that may REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED.

Arch-nemesis Stahl Mask.

“I have friends in high places you goose stepping, black clad goon.”

"
But if you want to stay ahead of me, Mr. Nazi, you need to keep both eyes open."

4 comments:

  1. A fantastic pulp entry. I wonder what trouble these two can get into?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil - Sorry for the late response. I'm sure it will be a "world" of trouble.

      Delete
  2. More great background Neil - I am eagerly anticipating the start of the REDACTED for REDACTED!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response. It will be REDACTED!

      Delete