As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, August 26, 2024

The Genie from Unmatched: Houdini vs. The Genie

 

"The Genie is loose!"

To be honest with you, this was not my favorite figure to paint from the Unmatched games. Not because it isn't a good figure - I just couldn't get my "mojo" going with this figure. I'm probably going to go back and repaint his hair and flames. He needs to look intimidating and I did not pull it off.

Yeah. I'll grant you three wishes but the paint job on my face looks blah.

The Genie is one of two figures that comes with Unmatched: Houdini vs. The Genie and as all of the other figures, it is a hard plastic 28mm figure.


The Houdini figure painted up like a charm, and now looking at the box cover, I definitely need to do a better job on his face and the magical flames (yep it's a guilt trip but I want a great figure to look great painted too!)




The gold coins and jewels on the base are just hobby sand applied with water downed white glue and then seal with water downed white glue. I painted the sand black, dry brushed with shiny gold and then added some red and green randomly for jewels.


2 comments:

  1. That Genie looks like it would be hard to paint well Neil, and you have not done a bad job. personally, I prefer my genies of the female persuasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes . . . Barbara Eden. Thanks for the comment but when I'm finished painting a unit of Gurkhas I'm going to repaint the face.

      Delete