As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, August 29, 2024

Unmatched Battle of Legends, Volume 1: Alice

Big Trouble in a Small Package. Anyone up for a game of chess?

She's been through the Looking Glass and came back with a vorpal blade and the Jabberwock in tow. Catch her at the wrong size and it'll be checkmate for you . . .


Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
      The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
      The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Catch her at the wrong size and it'll be checkmate for you . . .



Okay - here's the deal: Alice is undefeated in our games. She is sneaky, can change size, has the Jobberwock as her personal pet and uses neat gimmicks from the Lewis Carrol books. I think it's time for her to face the characters from "Unmatched: Cobble and Fog" or fight bad guy monsters and Martian Invaders from "Unmatched: Tales to Amaze".

Alice's cards.

My only complaint is the figure which had so much potential (this is the personal preference portion which represents what I want in a figure). The game designers went with a school girl, Anime look with the butch haircut (Brrrr . . . shudder) instead of a more Victorian look. I would have prefer the hair style from the cover art. I love the vorpal blade, love the clock, and love the potions; but, the anime feel ruins it for me. I personally would have liked her in an older looking Victorian, adventurers outfit and longer hair. My opinion.




To make Alice to look like she is standing on a stone floor, I used my handy dandy hobbly knife to make the lines and then used Citadel Contrast Space Wolf Grey to get the effect.


I always enjoy looking at my photos when I start posting them on the blog and as usual, Alice needs a little touch up here and there. Having said that, a versatile 28mm hard plastic figure for many games and if you play "Unmatched" do not, I repeat, DO NOT, underestimate this character.


4 comments:

  1. A nice figure again Neil but I know what you mean about the style of dress and her hair....she looks more like Katie Perry or Pink than Alice through the looking glass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of an older Alice but . . . I'm already looking for some other figures that might fit the bill!

      Delete
  2. I,m sure a little 'plastic putty' or such could change the hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I have not worked a lot with green stuff but I would definitely practice on some other figures first.

      Delete