As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Gripping Beast Saxon Warband for SAGA Aetius and Arthur: Part 1

I'm a King Arthur and Dark Ages fanatic and will read just about any "historical" accounts of the Dux Bellorum of Britain.  My favorite books were written by Rosemary Sutcliff and they are The Lantern Bearers and The Sword at Sunset.  So it should be no surprise that I purchased a Saxon Warband for the SAGA supplement Aetius and Arthur.



You get a lot of bank for the buck (or pound or whatever currency you use)


 Hearthguard and Warlord put together and weapons added.

 My favorite figure in the whole bunch.  Note the empty scabbard - this guy gets a sword!


 The Warlord figure - not my favorite especially considering the quality of Gripping Beast figures.  I had to add some putty for the gap in the sword arm as the arm must be attached and was not the greatest fit.

 I feel like I got a bonus with this Hearthguard figure as his left hand is open.  He is going to carry a banner using one of the extra spears.

 Note that this figure has a sword in his scabbard - give this man a spear.

 Plenty of shields and extra weapons.


 The box comes with Renedra plastic bases and a larger base for the Warlord.

 Pay no attention to the Scottish pike block in the background.  They will get painted!  I promise.

 Here is the cannon fodder - I mean warriors.  I will paint them after the Hearthguard and Warlord are painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment