As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, January 18, 2010

Games and Scales I play, Part 7


One of the interesting things I have noticed in the wargaming community is the constant complaints about successful business models in the hobby; primarily Games Workshop (GW) and Battlefront. If you don't like them, don't buy their stuff. GW and Battlefront have probably done more to introduce people to miniature wargaming than all of the other companies combined.
GW produces the Warhammer series of rules which have been adapted for Ancients, ECW, WW I, etc. GW also publishes the excellent Warmaster set of rules and Warmaster Ancients. They have been innovative with multi-part hard plastic figures which historical miniature lines are starting to benefit from.
Anyway, I like Warhammer and used to play it a lot; it's the ruleset I use for ancients. My fantasy gaming is basically Warmaster and Lord of the Rings these day, but we used to have quite a bit of Warhammer Fantasy in the house. My favorite army, because I could use it for historical play, is the Kingdom of Bretonnia. Heck, I like flags and heraldry! Figures are a combination of Citadel Miniatures (GW) and Wargames Foundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment