Toy Soldiers and Dining Room Battles

Toy Soldiers and Dining Room Battles

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let's finish the Bases

When playing miniature battles, it is easier to move the figures is they are mounted on bases - makes it easier to avoid knocking them over also! When I first started painting and gaming, I would just paint the bases green. Later I graduated to putting flocking on the bases and then using sand that was painted and adding rocks and bushes. Now I use a resin - pumice mix that is easy to apply and paint; in addition, it looks pretty realistic. The figure on the left has had the paste applied and it takes about 1 hour to dry. You can see how it also covers the "stand" of the figure. When I can't get supplies I want on eBay, I purchase from The War Store. Neal Caputo runs the store, good prices and fast shipping at http://thewarstore.com/




After the putty is dry, I paint it with GW's Scorched Brown. I then wet brush it with Bestial Brown followed by a dry brushing with Bone White. Once dry, I use watered down white glue in spots and add hobby static grass while wet. The edges have been painted with Graveyard Earth.

















A good base can make even an average paintjob look good.







The 12 figures that will make up the pike block of Green-coated Regiment of Foote.





No comments:

Post a Comment