1. Dark blue base.
2. Vertical black lines on the front - no vertical lines needed on the back of the kilt.
3. Horizontal lines all the way around the kilt. With the Artizan figures 3 looks good.
4. Paint a dark green inside the black lines.
5. Dab a light green "square" where the green intersects. At this scale the square does not have to be perfect.
6. Use a pale yellow (I use GW's Bubonic Brown) and make vertical and horizontal stripes on the blue. Remember, no vertical stripes are needed on the back of the kilt.
Ta Dah! Ready for the table. You may notice that in a few places I put lines in the wrong place. Who cares? He will fight just as well on the tabletop.