Generalfeldmarschall Rommel is briefed on the situation at Suara.
This 1500 point battle is going to fought using the updated North Africa Supplement for Flames of War. I will be commanding a Schutzen (Rifle) Company and recent High School graduate Honorable Son #2 will command the Australian Divisional Cavalry. The scenario was randomly decided with a die role - the Encounter Mission.
The Encounter mission uses four special rules: Mobile Battle, Delayed Reserves, Scattered Reserves and Fair Fight.
1. Mobile Battle: All teams count as having moved in their last movement step during the first player's first Shooting step.
2. Delayed Reserves: Half of each sides forces are off the board and are designated as reserves. On turn 3, the player gets to roll one die, turn 4 two dice, etc. Each roll of 5+ brings a platoon from reserve onto the table.
3. Scattered Reserves: Roll a die to determine where each platoon arriving from reserve appears.
4. Fair Fight: If neither player wins (captures an objective), both players use the loser's column to determine their Victory points.
4th Kompanie, 2nd Battalion, 104th Shutzen Regiment.
Company HQ: 45 points
1st Platoon (2 Squads): 135 points
2nd Platoon (2 Squads): 135 points
3rd Platoon (2 Squads): 135 points
Heavy Platoon (2 Heavy Machinegun Sections): 140 points
Anti-Tank gun Platoon (2 5cm Pak38 guns): 80 points
Panzer Platoon (3 Panzer III G/H and 2 Panzer IVG): 560 points
Heavy Anti-aircraft Platoon (2 sections of 8.8cm with 8 crew): 260 points
Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel: 50 points
Rommel Special rules:
1. Fingertip Feelings. One German platoon within line of sight of Rommel can make a normal move within its deployment area after all initial platoons have deployed but before any Reconnaissance Deployments.
2. Rommel at the Point. When Rommel leads from the front (to the dismay of senior commanders and his staff) any German platoon within line of sight of Rommel may re-roll any failed Motivation tests or Skill tests to make Stormtrooper moves.
3. Herr General. If Rommel's command team is destroyed during a game the German war effort has suffered a severe blow. The German player loses one Victory Point and their opponent gains one Victory Point.
17 pdr AT guns; in our game they will represent Australian 6 pdr AT guns
A Coy, 9th Australian Divisional Cavalry
Company HQ (2 Crusader II Tanks): 155 points
1st Cavalry Platoon (3 Crusader II Tanks): 230 points
2nd Cavalry Platoon (3 Crusader II Tanks): 230 points
Carrier Platoon (3 Universal Recon Carriers): 115 points
Australian Rifle Platoon (with Light mortar & anti-tank team): 225 points
Australian Rifle Platoon (with Light mortar & anti-tank team):225 points
Machinegun Platoon (2 Heavy machinegun sections): 175 points
6 Pdr Anti-tank Platoon (2 anti-tank sections): 210 points
Total: 1565 points
Next . . . the battle.