Unfortunately, it's a record that I am not proud of! I think I have set a new record for the longest I have taken to paint 8 figures and one horse. I think I started the Anhalt Regiment back in March. Between the tornado and preparations for Honorable Son #1's wedding, the Emperor's deployment schedule . . . I mean painting schedule, has fallen of a bit. As a reminder, they will be mounted on a brigade stand, 3" x 3" for the game Volley and Bayonet.
Anyway . . . I did manage to put some more details on the unit. I think I might highlight the jackets with a lighter green - I haven't decided if the jackets are too dark for the gaming table. Contemporary accounts do describe that the jackets were dark, but I don't want the color of the jackets to look too dark.
As a reminder, just click of the picture for a larger view!
I'm not pleased with how the drummer is turning out. During research, I discovered that the drummer's jackets had "swallow nests" on the shoulders trimmed with white lace, and I had an extra drummer that had the swallow nests. I had already started painting a drummer for the unit that had the French 1812 drummer's jacket. It's looking okay . . . but not my best work.
I really like the French mounted regimental officer that I choose to lead the Anhalt regiment. With the single breasted jacket and the smooth animation of the figure, it is going to be a nice addition to the unit as a whole.