As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Quick and Easy ECW Officer Conversion

I've started the King's Lifeguard of Foote and wanted to give them and wanted to give them a unique flag bearer to make the unit stand out.  After perusing the web I saw some good ideas on converting the Warlord plastic figures.  Here is my attempt which I think is working out really well with minimal work:


1. Start with the armored (that's armoured for my Commonwealth friends!) pikeman from the infantry sprue.



2.  Add the "bent at the elbow" arm from the command sprue.

 3.  Add the pistol arm from the command sprue to make him look ready to defend King and Realm.
 


 4. Here is the figure with the basic paint job with some washes applied.  I gave it one of the hats from the command sprue along with one of the officer swords.  The boxed set comes with many extras like feathers to individualize the figures so I gave our young officer some feathers to add an extra dash to his jaunty stance. 


The ensign will be with the pike block which will consist of the figures below with either 6 or 7 figures on the stand.


The armor is flat black dry brushed with GW's Boltgun Metal (I have no idea what the "new" name of the color is).  After drying I went over the armor with a brown wash.


Along with the King's Lifeguard of Foote will be the first Brigade commander for the King's cause from Perry Miniatures.



1 comment:

  1. Nicely done! Thanks for the tips on the officer and painting!
    Steve Miller
    DFW Irregulars
    stevesfieldworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete