As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Playing X-Wing with Friends

I love X-Wing!  And what better way to enjoy the game but to introduce it to you friends?  And get blasted out of space with your new Slave 1

My friend Tom and his son have played games with us before and it was time to do some Star Wars action.  The first game was done with the quick play rules against Honorable Son #5 quickly followed by the basic rules.

Tom and his son in TIE fighters against Honorable Son #5
Honorable Son #5 concentrating during battle     
High speed manuvering
 Now that the basics of the game were out of the way, we decided to have a three way death match: TIE fighters vs. X-Wing vs. Boba Fett in Slave 1. The deadly Slave I is infamous for its association with the bounty hunter in Mandalorian armor. Fett packed the craft with weapons, from laser cannons and projectile launchers to seismic charges.  However for this scenario I kept it simple with just the basics of the ship. What a mistake.

Hey!  Everybody shoot at the big spacecraft target!
Though impressive, for Slave 1 to survive in an all out melee it needs to use the special bombs, missiles, etc. to replicate it's performance in the Star Wars movies.  In our scenarios I could see the consensus in my opponents as they decided to blow me into cosmic dust and they taking on each other.

X-wing to the front of me, TIES to the rear of me.  Good think I have almost a 360 degree field of fire.

Dang it!  Fast little buggers.
 Okay.  I decided I needed some cover.  Let's add asteroids for Slave 1 to hide among.  Did I mention that Slave 1 is a bigger ship and tends to hit asteroids easier?  Whoops.

Run away!

Honorable Son #5 handing the movement template to Tom.
Smacked into that asteroid.
TIE fighters ignoring the badly damaged Slave 1 as they attempt to polish off the X-Wing

Now that the X-wing is gone . . .
Hey Boba!  Where did you learn to fly?
The victorious TIE fighter team!
 Another successful event of gaming - even more the enjoyable as it was done with friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment