As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Favorite Figures of 2019 (In Chronological Order), Part 1

2019 was a great year for painting as far as the enjoyment it brought me versus the volume of figures painted. Over the last few years I have been gravitated toward "skirmish" gaming from the Victorian Era to the late 1930's (though still sign me up for a big battle!). The gaming I have been doing is historically based, but with a Hollywood flair with some Pulp and Science Fiction thrown in for good measure. Here are my favorite figures I painted in chronological order:

1. The Earps and Doc Holliday from Brigade Games.com. Figures that are mostly black are a challenge to paint to bring our the detail. These figures based on the actors from Tombstone had just the right of detail to easily dry brush a light grey green to make them look right.

 Doc Holliday, Virgil Earp, Wyatt Earp and Morgan Earp (Brigade Miniatures based on the movie Tombstone)

 2. Yep, it's Tintin and Snowy - or should I say the "Boy Detective" from Copplestone Castings.



3. More Classic detectives.


4. While technically not a figure, I painted my first boat; a tramp steamer from Brigade Games.com. If you haven't checked out their site, it is well worth the visit.


5. Copplestone Cultists. Not challenging to paint, but boy are they full of character! The jailer taking the smoke break is the icing on the cake.


 According to the Union rules of the International Brotherhood of Evil Henchmen and Toadies, I get a smoke break every hour.

6. The Pinkerton's from Artizan. The best part for me about these figures is how, with just their stance, arrogance and authority seems to be conveyed. The challenge with these figures are their overcoats - large flat surfaces that gave me a chance to practice shading and highlighting.


7. The Shadow.  And suddenly I discovered Pulp Figures by Bob Murch. Boy oh boy - more on this later.


 "Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men?" After I took this picture I noticed I missed some of the red lining of his cloak and fixed it.

That takes me through the first part of the year. The next post will conclude my favorite figures of 2019.  

3 comments:

  1. As a terrain guy I think the boat is my favourite, lol. All of them are great figures though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was the first time I tried a project like that and I think it turned out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete