As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Hesse-Darmstadt WIP #5 and I guessed right on the drum

The figures for the Gross und Erbprinz Regiment are complete; but more importantly, I confirmed through additional research over the last few days that I guessed correctly on the drummer and the drum.

During my research I found a good, concise article for wargamers on the Army of Hesse-Darmstadt from 1806-1814 from the Napoleonic Association of the UK - a historical reenactment group. Interestingly, there is contradictory evidence as to the color of the turnbacks on the coat; some references have red and some have yellow. My guess is that the color of the turnbacks changed during the period. Since I already painted the turnbacks yellow - yellow it is!

Here is a link to The Hinton Hunter, a blog dedicated to classic 20mm Hinton figures. He has several entries and references for Hesse-Darmstadt.

After gluing on the base with white glue, I always let them dry overnight before finishing the base.

As you can see the Foundry figures are compatible in size with the Perry Plastics; not surprising since the Perry twins sculpted most of the Foundry figures.


Next project for VnB: Our Germans vs. Their Germans.

No comments:

Post a Comment