As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Black Brunswickers: Ready to resist Napoleon's tyranny

The Brunswicker's are done and I must admit, I am really pleased with how they turned out. There is nothing like beautifully sculpted figures to bring out the maximum effort in painting and finishing.

First the Sharpshooter company:



Now that I look at the picture of the figures, I noticed that I forgot to paint the braid on the jager's jacket. It shouldn't take too long to quickly paint the braid black.



For the game Volley and Bayonet, the base with the Oels Jagers would represent a much larger unit than what the Oels Jagers actually had in the Peninsula. The brigade also includes other British units that fought with the Oels Jagers.

Above is an overhead view of the base to see some of the detail added to the ground; below, the Brunswick Oels Jagers next to the Hessians Gross und Lieb Regiment.


The next German unit for Napoleon's forces will be from the three small states of Anhat-Dessau, Anhalt-Bernberg and Anhalt-Kothen:


And for the British, the elite King's German Legion:


But first, I think it is time to take a break from painting, and do some fighting on the tabletop!

No comments:

Post a Comment