As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, March 14, 2011

Anhalt Battalion - Operational Security

Anhalt comprised three minor German duchies that were close to Prussia: Anhalt-Dessau, Anhalt-Bernburg and Anhalt-Lothen. As members of the Confederation of the Rhine, the three duchies are combining to form a single infantry battalion of the 5th (Anhalt-Lippe) Regiment of the Confederation.

I'd like to show you the progress of the mustering of the unit for Volley and Bayonet, but the Emperor Napoleon has clamped down on reporting - oh, all right. I can't find my camera.

Most of the figures I'm using for the unit are the Wargames Foundry French Grenadier or Voltigeurs in Campaign Dress advancing. I'm also going to use three other Wargames Foundry figures: a French mounted officer, a standard bearer in campaign dress and a grenadier drummer in campaign dress. The Anhalt battalion had a similar uniform to the French but there are some differences; their jacket was single breasted and had Austrian cuffs. But for the scale (and my budget) the differences will be hard to tell. With all of the straps on the figure, it covers the front of the jacket and I'm going to "modify" how I paint the cuffs. With the dark green jackets of the infantry, it will hide some of the sculpting details. The Anhalt uniforms did follow the French in how the elites looked, so the unit is going to be painted as the grenadier company of the Anhalt battalion. The plumes on the shakos will be red as will the epaulettes.

Hopefully that camera will show up soon . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment