As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, January 22, 2016

Oliver Cromwell and Lord Leven


Sitting on the shelf for way too long were Oliver Cromwell and Lord Leven from Warlord Games.  I especially like how Ollie is portrayed waving his hat allowing us to see the metal skull cap worn for protection.



Lord Leven seems to be showing his age as he is stooped over sitting on his horse.  By having the figure lean forward it gives to me the appearance of contemplation as he is planning his next move on campaign. This adds some flavor to the character.



Thinned down Vallejo black is used as a primer and also brings out the details in both figures, warts and all.




Lord Leven does come with a bonnet which I will glue in place once his figure is painted.



Both figures will be Brigade command figures for my armies using the rules Victory Without Quarter.  Ollie will obviously be commanding the cavalry and Lord Leven for now will be the commander of my Royalist Irish Regiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment