As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, March 18, 2019

Rebels and Patriots


I've been a big fan of Daniel Mersey and Michael Leck for years: Lion Rampant, Dragon Rampant, The Men Who Would be Kings, the Pikeman's Lament,  and Dux Bellorum.

Arthur, Dux Bellorum and his mounted knights.

 Dragon Rampant Battle in progress!

With Patriots and Rebels the basic mechanisms of the Rampant series are used to bring large scale skirmishing to the battles of North America: from the French and Indian War to the Maximilian Adventure in Mexico.  For those familiar with the Rampant series, much will seem familiar - but read the rules!  There are some great and subtle differences that give this set the North American flavor. I especially enjoy the new officer rules and the use of them in a simple, but effective campaign. Well worth the price!

Regular Afghan Infantry for The Men Who Would be Kings.

Yep, you guessed it: New Project Time!  It's going to be the Battle of the Cowpens.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. I'm a big fan of the series as well - I've had Rebels and Patriots sitting on my to-read/play pile since January...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read through it and I think the options available will replicate Cowpens nicely. The Continental Dragoons will definitely be shock cavalry (small unit) for the battle and I'm debating whether the mounted portion of the British Legion would be better represented as mounted infantry or shock - though I am leaning toward shock since the Legion had a dismounted element.

      Delete