As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, January 6, 2020

Christmas Gaming Goodies



Does my family know me or what? First up is a resin suspension bridge from (wait for it) Pet Smart. Some of the best gaming terrain I have found in local pet stores usually in the aquarium section. Everything from ancient temples, jungle bushes and now this bridge, it is a great way for a gamer to game on a budget with fantastic terrain.

 The entire bridge - perfect scale for 25 - 28 mm scale (or a little bigger).



I don't play as many board games as I used too, but my Beautiful Bride (Minister of Finance and Chief of Staff), my five sons and three beautiful daughters-in-law love to play them. I must admit, I am a Munchkin fanatic and own about 8 different versions of the game: Everything from the Wild West to Steam Punk to the Apocalypse. And now . . . (drum roll please) . . . Munchkin Warhammer 40,000. One of the endearing qualities of the Munchkin games are the inside jokes, and when I saw the "New Paint Job" go up one level, I almost died laughing. I highly recommend the Munchkin games - you are in for a treat.


Last but not least is Small World. I guess my family was keeping this one a big secret because is appears all of them have played it and are twisting my arm about the game. Looking forward to having some fun.


We usually have a big X-Wing game at Christmas with the boys but I missed out this year but trust me, I will be battling soon. Here is a picture Honorable Son #2 (The Captain) took of the game with his new X-Wing gaming mat that his Beautiful Bride (The Future Lawyer) gave him for Christmas. (Who says the geeks don't get the girls?)

Great gaming mat for X-Wing.

Well, now that we have a new bridge, it's time to start gaming!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Honorable Son #5 definitely earned some points with dad.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I am already drooling over possible scenarios.

      Delete
  3. Great find on the bridge perfect for pulp I must say!

    All the best for your 2020 projects

    Cheers
    Matt
    French Wargame Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. As everyone else has said! The bridge is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pet Stores are one of the best secrets in gaming terrain.

      Delete