As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

The Search for Charlie Episode 1.9: The Canine Corps of Justice

"Hey hombre, do you have an extra smoke?"

From Sam's Journal: Charlie and I have seen some weird stuff in our time. Some things we just couldn't explain and some things we were told not to explain. But after I contacted Nick, and he agreed to help me find Charlie, things got really weird when the chihuahua asked me for a cigarette. I need to check the bourbon I'm drinking.


The Canine Corps of Justice, under the leadership of Danger Dog, had just stopped the interdimensional Crazy Cats of Omega 3 from conquering the planet, when the Great Meow fired a strange beam toward the Corps as they retreated through their portal. And then the Cosmic Axis shifted and the Corps found themselves in a world with strange, bipedal creatures - and many with obvious evil intent! Arriving in the decaying ruins of an old castle, the valiant Corps encounters, well, Nazis. How does this tie into the search for Charlie? Time will tell.


Danger Dog, stoic leader of the Canine Corps of Justice is determined to get his companions back to the Earth that they know. It is obvious that he is no ordinary dachshund as he has the ability to fly and has super doggie strength. He keeps his identity a guarded secret as he may not be from Earth . . .


"I've got you now!"

"Gott im Himmel! Vere did the little weiner hundt go?

The Green Bolt.

The Green Bolt is secretly Princess Bonne belle of the Kingdom of Puppiedom. Her skill with a crossbow (don't ask) are uncanny and the beautiful German Shepherd suspects who Danger Dog is and is secretly in love with the commoner.

"The Royal Bolt of Justice!"

"El Ángel de la Muerte."

The chihuahua known by his enemies as "El Angel de la Murerte" - the Angel of Death, is the weapon and blade master of Puppiedom and the sworn arms dog of Princess Bonnie. This guy is armed to the teeth, with every imaginable blade. 

"I'll cut you dog, um, man!"

"Finally some competition", he growls.

"Fido the Barbarian."

“Hither came Fido, the Beagle, brown-haired, sullen-eyed, battle-axe in paw (don’t ask), a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his paws.”

"Hmmm . . .What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?
I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky.
The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the weapons sing;
Rush in and die, dogs - I am a beagle barbarian and one day I will be a king." 

The Nazi never stood a chance.

"Aldabert - strong dog and healer."

Aldabert is the Doctor of the Corps and hails from the mountainous regions of the world. Not only is he an expert healer but packs a mighty punch with his paw and carries additional equipment the Corps may need.


"Buddy, Master of the Mystic Arts.”

At first glance, the Golden Retriever known as "Buddy" does not seem to be a threat - until you see the vials, potions and strange objects known as "balls" that he uses in combat. Never get between him and a ball.

"Ball?"

"Halt! No doggies allowed and I do not have a ball!"

"How will I get my team home? And what if we run out of treats?"

These wonderful hard plastic miniatures are from SFG for Animal Adventures in Dungeons and Doggies.

10 comments:

  1. Now, that is starting to get a little bit weird, even by Pulp standards, Neil! Nice models - I think Joe at Fishtails also has this dog pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There might even be some inter dimensional beings showing up due to Nazi experiments. Seriously, when I saw these figures, I knew that would be perfect for one of our group. And who doesn’t love a puppy?

      Delete
  2. Totally bonkers but absolutely brilliant! Nicely done and really novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danny - thanks! Every once in awhile I get a good idea.

      Delete
  3. Fab start to the game. The figures look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray and I love your current project.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the Canine Corps of Justice! Love the colour schemes! They are all so well done!

    We got the same minis through the kickstarter... I can't remember if the kids ever painted any of theirs. I think I got one done. Gosh this is such a great idea it's got me rethinking how I might ever paint the rest of mine - should i ever get to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone once In awhile I get inspired!

    ReplyDelete