As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Perry French Dragoons - WIP #6


Okay, now the 25th Regiment of Dragoons is really finished. For the 3" x 3" bases, I put thinned down white glue on the top and then just dip in a tub of flocking. I use to put in more detail, but with the size of the Volley and Bayonet bases, I just got plain lazy and decided just to use flocking. After the glue dries it's time for the protective coating.

For the first coat, I use Krylon's Workable Fixatif. Fixatif is use to protect pencil, pastel and chalk drawings and does a great job for the initial coat. Of course, make sure you use a well ventilated area! It'll dry in 15 to 20 minutes but you should not handle the figures for another hour. It will leave a glossy, shiny coat so if that's the effect you want, you're done. I prefer a flat look so a then apply a coat of Krylon's Crystal Clear Flat for metal, wood and wicker. This will give it a flat look and dries in 10 minutes.

I still have 9 mounted figures to do (it took a long time to do 3!; nothing like work and real life to get in the way of your hobby). I haven't decided if I'm going to do another regiment of dragoons next or knock out some 9lbrs for the Royal Artillery.




No comments:

Post a Comment