As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wargames Foundry British Artillery WIP #4 and Done

Finished the first two batteries of the Royal Artillery for the British Army in the Peninsular. I'm going to work on the table of organization for the British Army today for Volley and Bayonet; but I think I'm going to do two more batteries of the Royal Artillery and then 2 batteries of the Royal Horse Artillery.











Again, a special thank you goes to Honorable Son #5 who helped with the pictures and the setting up of the terrain for the final pictures.

5 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the style of bases you use, I once painted and based a regiment of Byzantine Spearmen on to similarly thick bases, but never continued with them. Can you offer any light as to why you use such bases, and what benefits you find in using them?

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I should have said in the first post - I like them!

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony,

    I started using those bases when I decided to rebase my 15mm WSS troops for Volley and Bayonet. I saw the wood at our local Home Depot and I thought that it would be easy to saw the wood quickly to get the bases. I continued to use them for my 28mm Late Romans and Napoleonics - I like the feel and weight. For my 28mm ECW I am using thin plastic bases that are supplied with the Warlord Games hard plastic figures. Thanks for asking.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neil

    Like I said in my earlier post, I tried it once and it was more that I was lazy and didn't continue with it, rather than not liking the 'feel'.

    Somewhere I must have some photos!

    Regards

    Tony
    http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colorful British there. I like the look of them. As for the bases, they appear to be good for movement by meaty hands (if afforded the opportunity) - and still keeping the figures safe. Something I've pondered with my Napoleonics with their pointed (& somewhat fragile) bayonets & shako plumes. Dean

    ReplyDelete