As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Auction: Beautifully Painted 28mm Late Roman Army Wargames Foundry

It is time to bid adieu to my Late Roman Army, my faithful "Lantern Bearers".  Now that I am doing other periods, I need the space so I hope they go to a good home!  The Auction is Here.

I mounted them on 120mm wide bases for the game Dux Bellorum and Impetus. If you want to mount them differently just soak the bases for about 30 minutes in water and the figures will come loose.


For Dux Bellorum I envisioned this force as the cream of the Roman army stationed in Britain with excellent cavalry and solid infantry:

1 Mounted Companions: 5 points.  This is the Roman general and his personal retinue of Huns!
1 Cataphracts: 6 points. Well, I have some painted so why not?  
1 Noble Riders: 5 points.  Veteran and well mounted cavalry.
1 Mounted skirmisher: 2 points.  Armed with javelins, these local auxiliaries have been tracking and keeping an eye on the Saxon dogs.
4 Ordinary Shieldwall: 12 points. Solid Roman Infantry.
3 Foot Skirmishers: 3 points.  One unit armed with javelins and two with bows.











1 comment: