As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, March 31, 2017

Quick and Easy Jungle Terrain

A friend of mine recently asked me how I did my recent jungle terrain.  Gazook!  I took pictures and forgot to post.  Here is a quick tutorial on making jungle terrain:


I've been using old CDs; simply put masking tape over the hole and then use either white glue or a glue gun to affix the bushes and rocks.  The bushes are aquarium plants and cost about $5.00 a pack.  The rocks came from my garden path.
Plants and rocks are randomly placed but I do put my miniature figures on the CD to make sure there is enough space for them to move around.


Once the terrain is dry I liberally apply watered down white glue and then cover with hobby sand.


After the sand dries I always put another layer of watered down white glue to help seal the sand in place.



Once the second layer of sand is dry I apply static grass.  I decided to this quick and easy so I did not dry brush the sand this time.


28 mm figures on the terrain.

2 comments:

  1. Your CD jungle terrain looks great. A few features I like are the rocks on the surface, rather than having the grass come up over the sides; the plastic aquarium plants look good (we're the bases attached?); and I like the simplicity of just using masking tape over the hole. I tried gluing on discs of plastic, and had disastrous results! I ended up abandoning the CDs for irregular shapes of plywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a glue gun to glue on the aquarium plants.

    ReplyDelete