As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Daughters of the Empire, Part 2

 

Part 1 and . . .

. . . and Part 2.

I really enjoy painting the miniatures from Pulp Figures and I have painted collections for clients and for eBay auctions. I've recently have done another set of "Daughters of the Empire" and I thought it would be interesting to compare the two most recent sets.





















Some big changes, some small changes and still a pleasure to paint.

6 comments:

  1. Hah! I knew I would like these as soon as I read the post title! For what it is worth, I think version one are slightly nicer than version two...are the second batch varnished, they look slightly shiny? Also, although I realise the second Indian lady is dressed in the Princely State uniform for your Great Game gone Hot idea, I have to say I think the VI version of brown and red is nicer....no offence intended, as they are all very nice, just my personal preference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Overall I like version 1 better except for the Scottish and Indian lasses. I’m thinking of doing a Cavalry regiment for Chaimbellistan based on that paint scheme. I think the glossy look came from having the lamp too close when I took the pictures.
      Neil

      Delete
  2. Great looking lady figures, Neil. I do like the Indian and Scottish ones particularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. They are my favorites too.
      Neil

      Delete
  3. A 15-year old boys' ... dream! :)
    The blonde in the shorts with the tied shirt and huge semi-automatic is something straight out of Hollywood!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gaming these days, even the historical, tends to have a touch of Hollywood these days!

      Delete