As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Sarissa Precision: Skirmish Compound Charlie (Or how to make a Quick village on the Colonial Frontier!)


"Dad you need at least one village for the Anglo-Russian War."

So Honorable Son #4 sent me an MDF building pack from Sarissa Precision called Skirmish Compound Charlie. Skirmish Compound Charlie consists of the following products from their Alamo model:

1. Alamo North East Corner (A018).
2. Alamo South East Corner (A027).
3. 2x Alamo West Wall Building (A022) each with two buildings.
4. Alamo East Wall (without gun ramp) (A032).

Perfect for my colonial battles. These are great models but pay attention to the instructions. They are not difficult to put together (each one took me about an hour, not counting time for glue to dry) but I did accidently put one base upside down and skipped a step on another building for an inner wall. Fortunately in both cases the glue was not completely dry.



What I love about what Sarissa does is their Terrain Tile system which allows you to rearrange the buildings how you like (or keep them separated if you want). Here are just some quick samples as I was fooling around:





The well is from Battlefield in a Box for Flames of War from their WW II Desert War collection. The well is scaled for 15mm but I have used it numerous times for 25/28mm and it works fine. Speaking of working fine, the buildings are perfect for 25/28 mm scale. Below are some miniatures from Pulp Figures which I am using for Militia/Bandits/Tribal Infantry, etc. (very versatile figures!).


Moving along the roof.

Access from the roof.

Roof tops come off . . .

As does the upper portion of the building allowing you to put figures in the structures.

For destroyed buildings or buildings that are ruins, during the game I will just permanently remove the upper half of the building.

The Royal Guard of Chaimbellistan prepares to defend the as for right now unnamed village. Trust me, it will have a name before the game!




Mr. Kipling asking Brigadier Alfred Tramontin if the British Indian Army will arrive in time to stem the Russian horde.

Supplies are being stored.


Keeping a sharp lookout.


I haven't decided if I'm going to paint them or not (the laziness factor) so for now they will just be what I call Light MDF Brown which coincidentally is the traditional color of buildings in Chaimbellistan!

15 comments:

  1. That's a great collection of buildings Neil...a generous gift from your son! Clever idea by Sarissa to repurpose Alamo parts to Colonial settings, they work very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. When I saw the kits I thought “the Alamo?” They look great for colonial settings together or separate. It’s great that all my son’s support me in my hobby. Great kids.

      Delete
  2. A great set of buildings that have been well designed. I like the way the bases fit together and how the tops lift off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually discovered by accident that the bases fit together for different combinations. Oh happy day; I must spent an hour just fooling around with different designs.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful place to defend...Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light mdf brown, the official color of champions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some excellent structures, Neil. I love Sarissa and also 4-Ground for their pre-made MDF sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dean,
      I agree; resin was nice in the old days but we are really spoiled now.
      Neil

      Delete
  6. A nice useful group of buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sarissa Precision buildings are great I reckon. Some find them a bit wooden (no pun intended, really), but I think they come up really well—especially once painted, hint, hint!! :)
    Worked perfectly for your game too. Lovely, colourful figures too!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  8. James,
    It’ll be painted one of these days . . . Thanks!
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That does look like a very versatile set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim,
      I plan on using it quite often and in multiple periods. They have quite a selection and at a good price.
      Neil

      Delete