As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Friday, April 28, 2023

Battle Damage during the Great Move


The big move is complete and major items are in place. Now it's time for the unpacking of the minutia that takes time and making sure that's where we really want it! As the Commander in Charge, I am pleased to announce that the troops made the force march in record time with minimal damage to forces. As expected, the men from the 17th Century consisting of my English Civil war forces and some troops from the Northwest Frontier had some damage - but nothing that can't be fixed. I learned along time ago that the only person that packs my figures is me. 

Two lances, one rifle, and the famous Elephant Flag of the Princely State of Chaimbellstan were the only casualties on the Northwest frontier.

The overwhelming majority of my 28mm figures are in cabinets from Ikea. I am very generous with Styrofoam peanuts that I pour into the drawers and then I carefully put a sheet of bubble wrap as the top layer. I use packing tape to wrap around the entire drawer to keep the drawer secure. 

My 15 to 18mm figures are quite easy. I use Storage boxes for small parts organizers that are available at any hardware store and most major retail stores. All I use for them is Styrofoam peanuts and then packing tape to keep the drawers in place.


By my count, the damage to all forces were:

One arm.
Four flags.
Five pikes.
Two lances.
One magazine rifle.





Needless to say I am quite pleased as the arm can be fixed with modelers glue and everything else with super glue. After repair at the new depot, it will be time to develop (finally) my plan for 2023.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like an incident free relocation to me Neil. A friend of mine moved about twenty years ago and had all his boxes of figures etc put to one side, to transport himself. Imagine his horror when he arrived back to pick them up....and they were gone, along with the moving truck.
    Unfortunately, the message had not got through to the removal guys, and to add to the disaster, they didn't worry too much about how they handled the cartons, or, indeed, orientation ....the result was A LOT of damage, I think some may even have been irrecoverable....not a happy time, at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A, thankfully, small casualty list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That it was. No one packs or moves them except me!

    ReplyDelete