As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, August 3, 2023

Captain Cassian Andor, Part 2


When we last left the good (a relative term for Cassian) Captain Cassian Andor, it was time to finish the figure and make it look like the actor Diego Luna as much as possible.


For the base color for the face, I used GW Contrast Cygor Brown. Next up was GW Layer Cadian Flesh Tone.


Next on the face I used a light wash of Contrast Dark Oath (BWAH HAH HAH!) Flesh. You probably noticed that I did the hair; I used Contrast Black Templer. The blaster and other metal type thing-a-ma-jings were painted with Contrast Basilicanum Grey. 


Next for his face I highlighted the high points with Vallejo Dark Flesh and did his mustache with Contrast Black Templer. Wait a minute . . . is there a mistake on the figure? One of the advantages of taking pictures.

What is that?


While painting the face I was a little sloppy. It looks like I accidentally hit the leg with some Layer Cadian Flesh Tone which will be easy to fix - though a pain. I'll need to repaint the area with Vallejo Flat White and then repeat the Contrast colors.


The completed figure (with the start of the paint fix up).


For basing I use a mixture of various sizes of model railroad gravel which is less expensive than hobby sand.


The colors  look good with the existing figures and just I just need to fix that knee pad.


Up next: K-2SO.

No comments:

Post a Comment