As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Barbarian from WizKids

Grrrrrrr!!!

Yep. I have discovered the primed resin figures from WizKids D&D range as an inexpensive alternative for some of my gaming needs. Several of my friends kids are playing Role Playing Games, and since that is how I got my start as a kid with painting and miniature wargaming, I told the kids that I would paint their character if I could find it. One of the boys is a German Barbarian - too easy to find!


I have always loved painting barbarians, both fantasy and historical. I blame Robert E. Howard. I was sending WIP pictures and above is one of them. Hey! There's the table again!
 



The figures come with 25mm round plastic bases (smaller creatures have 20mm or smaller bases). I prefer sand on bases so sand it is. I painted the rim of the base with Vallejo Flat brown. In fact all of the painting was done with Vallejo paints.


Add another layer of watered down glue on the sand and let it dry. Add some static grass and other scenery and let it dry. Spray some flat enamel over it to protect the paint and the static grass and presto: one barbarian.



And now the barbarian can slay the other resin monster from WizKids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment