As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

British and Allied Officers from WoFun Games

 

The "Duke".

As I build my Napoleonic forces in 18mm using the pre-painted, flat miniatures from WoFun Games, I needed some more Generals and officers for both sides so I could play a variety of different rules to include Napoleonic Wargaming, by Neil Thomas, Volley and Bayonet, the PDF rules that came with the WoFun Games Peninsular Starter Pack in 18mm, etc. So, what do you get for US $21.26, to include bases, in 18mm with the British and Allied Officers pack? First my favorite figure from the pack:

That is one dangerous looking senorita! Plus I need to brush some static grass off the figure.

The below picture is half of the figures that come in 18mm; and of course I started punching them out and mounting them and then I remembered to take a picture! In 18mm you get two of each of the below (40 in total for 18mm!); in 28mm only the above. There is a nice selection of  British, Portuguese and Spanish Generals, Aide-de-Camps, Senior officers, Cavalry Senior officers, and surprise - dismounted officers to include Spanish Guerillas. You guessed it, I have to buy some Spanish Guerillas now (Darn you WoFun!). 


I particularly like the dismounted officers as I am now swapping out some of the officers that came with the infantry packs to give more variety to the command bases. The British and Allied Officers pack, when selecting the WoFun Bases standard option, comes with  30mm x 30mm circular bases for the mounted figures and 15mm x 15mm square bases for the dismounted figures.

The rear of the Army Command stand. I still need to blacken in some of the edges.

My Army Commander is mounted on an extra WoFun 30mm x 20mm rectangular base for the simple fact is that I can add more figures to the base. My Division and Brigade commanders will be mounted on a circular 30mm x 30mm base with 2 figures for a Division Commander and 1 figure for the Brigade Commander.

I'm building a generic Allied Peninsular army and it is still a work in progress. Here is my first Division commander:



British Infantry Brigade Commanders:





Portuguese Infantry Brigade Commander:



British Light Cavalry Brigade Commander:



British Dragoon Brigade Commander:



It's almost time to have a battle and test some rules!

6 comments:

  1. I have this pack - they are very nice figures , I do like your basing and must get around to doing mine .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What was interesting to me is that the basing did not take long. I think it is a combination of not painting the figures and also I'm used to doing 28mm. Thanks!
      Neil

      Delete
  2. Those figures are beautiful Neil, fantastic inspiration.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willz,
      Thanks. I have fun using my creative juices on doing the bases.
      Neil

      Delete
  3. Your basing does a good job in tricking the eye that the figures are not rounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan,
      It is amazing how the bases do that. I'm slowly (between other projects) but surely doing the bases on the other units.
      Neil

      Delete