As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Favorite Figures of 2020 (in chronological order), Part 1

Well . . . 2020 was an interesting year but still a  great year for painting as far as the enjoyment it brought me versus the volume of figures painted. Over the last few years I have been gravitating toward "skirmish" gaming from the Victorian Era to the late 1930's (though still sign me up for a big battle!). The gaming I have been doing is historically based, but with a Hollywood flair with some Pulp and Science Fiction thrown in for good measure. This year I had no real plan but did start a new project toward the end of the year. Here are my favorite figures I painted in chronological order:

 Bob Murch's Movember Pulp Figure for 2019

Each November Bob Murch, owner and sculpter of Pulp Figures, conducts a fundraiser for men's health. The 2019 Movember limited edition fundraiser fig is Marshal Grin Duster. The redoubtable lawman strides the West, a titan of rough justice and harbinger of doom to the outlaw kind. Grin was available in November and only by donation to the Movember campaign. I did not get around to painting it until 2020.


Not figures per se, but I discovered WizKids preprimed range and I bought some accessories that were easy to paint to add "atmosphere" to a game. Here is the Wooden Table and Stools, the Navigators Pack, and a Tent which also came with a lean-to.



Artizan Designs German Afrika Korps. In my humble opinion, the best DAK figures out there.

"Daughters of the Empire" by Bob Murch of Pulp Figures.

As Ken Watanabe said, "Let them fight."

WizKids "Giant Ape" better known as King Kong.

Next: More Figures and the New Project

No comments:

Post a Comment