As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, January 7, 2021

2021: The Plan

"What's your plan bub and what kinda coffee is Darjeeling?"

Dang, the title sounds like a Science Fiction Movie!

Okay, 2020 is done, gone, adios amigo. I have spoken. Interestingly enough, I never had any gaming plans or objectives for 2020 even though I discovered some genres and figures I enjoyed painting and gaming. Anyway . . . here are my miniature gaming goals for 2021:

1. The French and Indian War. His Most Catholic Majesty, King Louis XV has requested politely (something about it being a pain in my neck if I don't get going) that I finish the initial French force for the French and Indian War. I'm planing on using one of the suggested force listings from Rebels and Patriots:

Time to recruit!

    a. Two units of Light Infantry at 6 points each (Compagnies Franches de la Marine).


    b. One unit of Skirmishers that are Sharpshooters at 6 points (Coureur des Bois).
    c. One Large unit of Aggressive Natives at 6 points.
 

2. The Great Game goes Hot! The Russian Empire vs. The British Empire in a fictional (and I mean fictional) war in Central Asia that impacts the British Raj. I'm planning on using both The Men Who Would be Kings and In Her Majesty's Name for all of the fun. It will take place between 1895 and 1920 so I can pick what figures I think look cool for the fight; in other words, be prepared for uniforms and troop types that don't go together historically (I said it would be fictional!). And what's not to like? It will have Wolseley Helmets (just like fezzes, Wolseley Helmets are cool), Russian spies, Political Officers, dashing semi-historical uniforms, Maxim Machine Guns, Pathans, Sikhs, Cossacks, Boris and Natasha, mustaches on stiff upper lips, etc. The conflict will start with a disputed succession of a princedom and a threat to the Khyber pass.
 
"I say Charlie, isn't that a Russian Army over there?"
"Yes sir."
"Not very sporting of them, is it?"
"No sir it isn't."
 
Царь научит англичан тому, что такое настоящая сфера влияния.
 
Marching from the province of Campbellstan to meet the Russian Threat.
 

3. The adventures of the TFS (The Free Ship) Audacity. Rules will probably mostly be IHMN (Edition 2?). I also need to finish painting the Audacity.
 
TFS Audacity
 
4. Paint some old GW Phoenix Guard for Honorable Son #5 (The Skirmisher). They will be used as some sort of elite infantry in Dragon Rampant.
 
5. Try to finish the generic Scottish Infantry (two units) for my English Civil War project. If I really get on a roll, I'll add two units of Scottish horse and one Scottish Artillery Piece.

This pike block has been finished for over 3 years. Time to get the unit finished and some more.
 
6. Keep my hobby self-funded primarily through the use of eBay Auctions.

7. And I'm sure the shiny new toy syndrome will hit somewhere as I expand some collections or get totally distracted.

Well, that's the plan. I hope you have a great year of painting, collecting and gaming!

8 comments:

  1. Diversified and gorgeous figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil. I think it is goog to be a great year.

      Delete
  2. Good plans! I especially look forward to your Great Game project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan,
      So far I have done more research for my Russian-Anglo War than I have done in along time. But I’m having fun. The 21st Frontier Guard Company will be posted soon.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully your plan survives the first encounter with the unfolding year. Good looking troops, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pancerni,
      Thanks. Usually when I have a plan it gives me a good outline. I don't always accomplish every goal but I do make steady progress. Usually what throws me off is shiny new toy syndrome. Must . . . not . . . by . . . new ACW from Warlord!
      Neil

      Delete
  4. I love it when a plan...erm..becomes a plan!! All looks rather jolly, especially intrigued with The Great Game idea. I, too, have a notion to play IHMN in that era/corner of the globe; I just need to get my back story for my narrative as I have all the bits...most of the bits to start including an Imperial Russian Navy aero-ship! PS. i too admire the Pith Helmet; they look proper pukka!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim Bob,
    Great minds think alike.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete