As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, January 11, 2021

The Warband is getting Bigger!


My French allied Native Warband is now 12 figures strong (technically 13 as I painted a leader just in case I put him in charge of a French or Native Force).

The Warlord Games Woodlands Indians War Party metal boxed set has 18 figures + 1 sachem figure which makes it easy to build a Large Warband for Rebels and Patriots. I am doing a Large Warband which will consist of 18 figures. Currently I now have 12 painted figures which can be fielded as a regular sized Warband.

The extra "sachem" that comes in the Warlord Games box.

As I have mentioned in earlier posts, painting a non-uniformed or mixed uniformed unit is a challenge for me, and a challenge for many gamers. It is always easier to paint an identical uniformed force as it is easy to set up using an assembly line technique. The technique I use for a mixed figure unit is to paint 6 figures at a time which for me, makes the painting go faster and allows a way to visualize how the unit will look.


Slowly but surely (the multiple projects help give me a break!) the Warband is getting bigger. It's great that each figure in the Woodlands Indians War Party metal boxed is unique so I am taking my time to make this unit look visually appeasing and dramatic on the tabletop when they join their French Allies. Here are some pictures of where I am at, and also some more of the new terrain I am making which will be in another post.











Until next time, keep your powder dry!

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted figures and brilliant basing. I think I have to fellow at my war bands to to make them look better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Thank you. I've been taking it nice and slow with the figures to get the look I want. Thanks again.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wonderful work- they look great in your forest terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Along with the figures for the first time I’ve gotten serious about the terrain and discovered it’s not that hard. Thanks again.
      Neil

      Delete
  4. Smart work Neil, the war paint is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      Thanks. I've been really taking my time with the figures to get the "look" right. Can't wait to use them on the tabletop.
      Neil

      Delete
  5. Lovely stuff, they look great. Nice to see loads of different designs of warpaint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secundus,
      Thank you. Even though it takes longer to do the figures, I'm happy with the way the war paint turned out. Thanks again.
      Neil

      Delete
  6. Very nice indeed although I got a bit if a surprise...I was expecting Copplestone Russians ...obviously you took a slight detour.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on two projects at the same time; The French and Indian War and my fictional Anglo-Russian War. I don't want to get too stale!
      Neil

      Delete