As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

WoFun Miniatures Peninsular War Starter Set Part 2: The French Army

Vive l' Empereur!!!

In my last post I forgot to mention that WoFun Miniatures has excellent and timely Customer Service - thanks Lucien! Okay, on with the French that come with the WoFun Miniatures Peninsular War Starter Set in 18mm:

The Infantry in attack columns.


French Light (Legere) Infantry. I love that the figures are in campaign dress.

French Line (Ligne) Infantry.

French Line/Light in overcoats.


French Skirmishers.

See my previous post of my lack of skill in putting MDF artillery together! The gunners that have epaulets will eventually be my horse artillery.
 
French Dragoons.

The boss. The picture is a bit fuzzy but you get the idea.


Next: WoFun Addons - an unexpected great deal!


 

8 comments:

  1. They do have a certain something Neil - a bit like the Paper Soldiers you see occasionally on blogs - but I dont feel they would ever tempt me. I think if I wanted a cheaper option for a new era, I would add the benefit of a smaller fighting area and drop down to 10mm or, at a push, the new Warlord Epic scale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like 10mm as it really gives you the idea that an army is really manuevering on your table top. I almost went with the Pendraken 10mm Napoleonics but the bottom line is I did not feel like painting them while I'm working on my Colonial and ECW project in 28mm. But I love 10mm.
      Neil

      Delete
  2. More wonderful Wofun models Neil, the Peter Dennis flats are far superior to all the other range available. I bought Blue Moon 18mm 3d cannons to go with the WSS range, I also cut the gun trails and wheels in half on the Wofun cannons and added a 3d barrel from my spares box. A fantastic looking army.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willz,
      That's an excellent idea and solution for the artillery. My only real disappointment was the artillery. I think I just might get some Blue Moon or AB 18mm guns. Thanks again for the idea!
      Neil

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That they are. Wait until you see the add-ons and the Confederation of the Rhine.

      Delete
  4. I think there is a lot of potential for these./.. not that I need them, but a fast and pretty economical way to start out... or do a new period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously considering getting some of their SYW figures in 28mm.

      Delete