As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

WoFun Miniatures Peninsular War Unit "Add-ons": The Confederation of the Rhine

 


How can you fight the Peninsular War without the French Allies? You can of course, but I like having all of those extra units to add some extra variety for the French Army when they deploy. I did the German Division in 28mm, which in real life consisted mainly of units from the Confederation of the Rhine. Here is the order of battle I'm going to use based on the Battle of Talavera:

Division Commander: General of Division Jean Francois, Baron Leval.
Units:

Nassau Infantry Regiment, two battalions
Baden Infantry Regiment, two battalions
Hesse-Darmstadt Infantry Regiment, two battalions
Holland Infantry Regiment, two battalions
Frankfurt Infantry Regiment, one battalion
Foot Artillery Battery (8 guns) 

Here is my Hesse-Darmstadt two battalion Regiment once again showing the advantage of buying an 18mm add-on as it gives you two units.

I once again did the "one rank" command stand to have extra skirmishers depending on what rule set I am using at the time.

The Hessians!


The Kingdom of Holland was ruled by one of Napoleon's brothers and was not part of the Confederation of the Rhine. Later Holland would be absorbed into France and the units would join the French Army.





Here is my Nassau unit. I forgot to mention earlier that you can buy add-ons for the Grenadiers, etc.



I will be ordering the Baden Infantry Regiment soon but I have not decided if I'm going to get a separate battalion for the Frankfurt Infantry Regiment - but after I do research if they have a cool uniform and/or flag I just might or convert and existing unit. For the artillery battery I need to also research and see if it was a French battery or a Confederation battery. WoFun does sell Confederation of the Rhine artillery.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just received my Baden infantry; more photos to come.

      Delete
  2. You really do need some French allies for Peninsular War battles. You have them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Wofun figures, oh sooooooooooooo tempting to buy more.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete