As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Thursday, March 10, 2022

WoFun Miniatures Peninsular War Unit "Add-ons": The Allies

 

Individual units can be ordered from WoFun which they refer to as "add-ons". With my initial order I purchased several additional units for the Anglo-Portuguese Army and the French and their allies. The average infantry unit in 28mm comes with one unit; but, I'm doing my armies in 18mm. Surprise! You get two units!

Huzzah! Two units for almost the price of one! Here are the Portuguese Line infantry with some sneaky basing I did that I will explain later.

The average infantry unit in 28mm comes with 46 figures and WoFun standard basing at US $19.15 while the 18mm has 92 figures with WoFun standard basing at US $20.26. As always, you can choose your own basing method from their extensive variety of bases.


Above are examples of the bases I received; the one on the right already has the two rank bases punched out. What I did for some of my units, like the Portuguese, was to add the flag rank to the single rank base and I was able to use the extra figures as additional skirmishers.

"British Infantry with "Blue" facings (typo on the website!)."



British Heavy Dragoons





Next: French Add-ons for the Peninsular War

10 comments:

  1. I did not know you had a choice of base sizes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like they have a variety of bases for all of the popular rule sets.

      Delete
  2. I'm a great fan of Wofun , I fill in the slots and ink the edges - instant armies ! , Starting a Italian Wars project which I've wanted to do for ages and was put off by painting all those Landsknechts - but with Wofun - Hay Presto done !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm eventually going to fill in the slots and add static grass, etc. I know what you mean about instant armies: I shudder to think about painting all of those Landsknechts too!
      Neil

      Delete
  3. I particularly like the new Portuguese units Neil. I will be interested to see how nice you can get these to look with some "proper" basing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to eventually do the bases with my usual hobby sand and static grass; may be a while and done a unit at a time!

      Neil

      Delete
  4. More fantastic Wofun eye candy, I filled in the gaps on my bases using a mix of PVA wood glue, sand and green paint mixed to match the bases colour.


    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started the process of doing the bases for the Command figures I just received. I'll be posting them shortly.
      Neil

      Delete
  5. Wofun minis are very tempting, so easy to get units on the table and actually game! I may have to invest in some after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempting they are sir, tempting they are! I've already have made my second purchase and it took 10 calendar days to get here from Romania to the United States.

      Delete