As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Star Wars: Legion Rebel Pathfinders, Episode One


I'm having too much fun painting Star Wars: Legion Rebel figures. As mentioned previously, I'm planning on using them for Xenos Rampant as I am a big fan boy of Daniel Mersey's pioneering "Rampant" series and his rules in general. Unlike the other rebel boxes I bought, instead of seven figures this expansion has six figures. Bummer. The Pathfinders are the elite Rebel Infantry from Rogue One.


I forgot show earlier in my posts about the Star Wars: Legion figures how they come prior to painting. I purchased the box expansion sets and each figure came in a small zip lock bag and easy to follow instructions on how to put them together. Not a lot of options for the novice kit converter, but I may try some later with other figures. Above is the female Pathfinder. Interesting to me is that the figures in the Pathfinder box are all based on the actors who portrayed the troops in the Battle of Scariff during the movie Rogue One.

The actress Madeleine Domries played Corporal Rodma Maddel in Rogue One


Here are the pieces out of the bag: two arms, a body and a head. Each piece has a unique slot to fit the part correctly into the body. They also come with brown, circular bases




I didn't paint the uniform and equipment the same as from the movie Rogue One as I had already picked a uniform scheme for my force. ("Not too shabby he thought to himself.")

Speaking of uniform schemes, I've bee remiss in not mentioning the paints I used. I did all of the rebel figures from Star Wars: Legion with about 95.5% GW Contrast paints:

Primer: Krylon brand Flat White.
Uniform utilities, soft caps, helmets: Contrast Skeleton Horde.
Webbing, Boots, Ruck Sacks, Helmet Straps and Helmet highlights: Contrast Snakebite Leather.
Body Armor (flak vests), cloaks, knee pads and other reinforcing gear: Contrast Gore-Grunta Fur.
Caucasian Flesh: Contrast Darkoath Flesh with some highlights from Vallejo Dark Flesh.
Dark Flesh: Contrast Gore-Grunta Fur or Contrast Snakebite Leather highlighted with Vallejo Flat Brown.
Female Lips: An acrylic paint brand called Ceramcoat. I use Fuchsia.
Base Edges: Vallejo Chocolate Brown.
Weapons and other similar metal parts: Contrast Basilicanum Grey.
Alien Skin: Depends on the Alien! Mostly different Contrast Paints and I'll mention them when I get to the figure.

Sergeant Ruescott Melshi portrayed by the actor Duncan Pow in Rogue One and the Disney Plus Star Wars Series Andor.


The rescue of Jyn Erso from Imperial Custody in Rogue One.

I still need to touch up some of the facial hair.

Nothing like a closeup to see the touch-up on the face that is needed.

Lieutenant Taidu Sefia portrayed by actor Babou Ceesay.


Lieutenant Taidu Sefla: "They like you ma'am, but if you want to give a speech they'll have trouble respecting you. You're not military. You're not even Alliance."
Jyn Erso: "Not really my problem, is it?"
Lieutenant Taidu Sefla: "Hardly the right attitude,  ma'am."


Next: Alien Pathfinders and a Mystery.

6 comments:

  1. They look like nice models to put together Neil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are easy to assemble and paint, Keith. I have some rebels coming off my paint desk soonish.

      Delete
    2. They are very easy to put together. I probably did all six, to include bases, in about 15 minutes with regular model glue.

      Delete
  2. Fine work, Neil! Xenon Rampant? Have not heard of that. Does it carry the same basic game engine as Rebels & Patriots? Did you try the rules that are included in Star Wars Legion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Xenos Rampant comes out on Amazon in hardcover for $30.00 if you preorder and have Prime. It will use the “Rampant” engine and will have sample army lists, and scenarios required to fight science fiction battles as well as a whole host of subgenres including: raygun gothic, post-apocalyptic, weird war, and near future. All figures welcome! I really like the Rampant rules and I’m looking forward to the game.

      Delete
    2. Whoops! I forgot to answer the other part of your question. I haven’t bought Star Wars: Legion yet - though I am sorely tempted to by the core box. I hear it’s a fun, fast and exciting game. Plus I love the miniatures. Don’t be surprised if Mando and Baby Yoda show up sooner or later.
      Neil

      Delete